Technical Co-ordinator Vacancy at HECK
We’re looking for a Technical Co-ordinator to join our fast-growing organisation. You will be working permanently, in a role where you are valued and have the chance to work with a great team.
- 7am to 4pm (must be flexible) – this can be discussed at interview
- 8hr shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend work may be required
- Job Types: Maternity Cover, 1 Year Fixed Contract
Reporting to the Technical Leader, the role will include:
Main function and scope of position:
- Responsibility for all food safety (HACCP & BRC), technical matters pertaining to all operations within Heck Food Limited.
- Maintaining and continuously improve food safety & quality systems throughout the company and to support the production team in their duties.
- Responsibilities include overseeing hygiene, housekeeping, product handling and production processing activities.
- Advising on technical, food quality and packaging regulations as required.
Main duties include but are not limited to:
- Fabrication audits
- Audit against compliance to the BRC standard
- GMP inspections
- Raw material quality inspections
- Hygiene verification audits
- Equipment calibration
- Foreign body and compliant investigations
- Raising non-conformances against the standard and take appropriate actions.
- To complete micro and chemical testing against the schedule.
- Complete full investigations, including traceability for out of spec results and customer complaints.
- Contribute and support BRC audits and customer visits.
- Aiding with inductions
- Providing training and maintaining training records.
- Working to implement and maintain the new high-risk area and processes.
- Taking part in supplier visits and audits
- Working across both our HQ and Vegan Site
Support the factory teams by providing the following:
- Technical support
- Training and advice – CCP and pre-requisite management
- Driving continuous improvement
- Ideally had experience in food manufacture
- Food hygiene training (could be provided but must have experience)
- Knowledge/ training in HACCP (training could be provided but must have experience)
- BRC experience would be a bonus but training will be provided
- Good communication skills
- Can work in a fast-paced environment
- Full UK Driver’s License
- Food Hygiene: 1 year (preferred)
- Free Canteen Lunch provided
- On-site parking
- Full PPE Provided
- Working within a friendly and welcoming well-established family run business
Being family run, means we can do things differently and our way. We make our gluten-free sausages & burgers in small batches in our factory in Yorkshire. Although we’re still a small business, we’re big on quality & flavour. Our family and friends work with us too. Together, with our uncompromising attitude & passionate team, we produce the tastiest and healthiest food for all the family. As well as our meaty 97% pork & yummy chicken products, we now make meat-free, plant-based ranges, which have been approved by both the Vegan & Vegetarian Society. We started Heck! around our kitchen table to bring delicious sausages and burgers to the nation.
If you would like to join our friendly fast-growing organisation, send us your CV to email@example.com