Prep Time: 15 mins Cook Time: 1hr 40mins- Serves: 4
This is what comfort food is all about, hearty vegetables and yummy chicken sausages. What more could you want?
- 1 pack Heck! Simply Chicken Chipolatas
- 3 large carrots
- ½ celeriac
- 1 red onion
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp Sunflower Oil
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 20g Fresh Basil
- 20g Fresh Parsley
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Peel the onion and slice into 8 segments.
- Peel all the other vegetables and cut into roughly equal size pieces around 2cm square.
- Use a large shallow roasting tray with foil, or a large shallow casserole dish with a lid; pile all the vegetables into the dish and mix well.
- Spray the vegetables with 6-8 sprays of lo cal spray, season with a few grinds of black pepper and mix again with your hands to make sure all the vegetables are coated in the spray.
- Pop the lid on or cover with foil and put in the oven for 1 hour. After 30 minutes, take out and mix to prevent the veggies sticking to the pan.
- At the end of an hour, add the sausages to the pan with a further 3-4 sprays of lo cal spray and mix again.
- Return to the oven for a further 30 minutes. In the meantime, zest the lemon and roughly chop the basil and parsley together.
- Using the point of a sharp knife, test the vegetables to make sure that they are tender and cooked throughout. When ready to serve, add the herbs and lemon zest and stir round to distribute thoroughly. Try dishing up with a vibrant green salad on the side.
|Nutritional Information||Per 100g||Per Portion|
|Of Which Saturates||0.6g||1.4g|
|Of Which Sugars||3.4g||8.3g|