Prep Time: 10mins - Cooking Time: 45mins - Serves: 4
Courgette and peas make for a wonderfully green risotto, Topped with our Vegfurter vegan Sausages. This is a yummy fresh and uplifting dish, perfect with a squeeze of lemon and a sprinkling of parsley.
- 1 pack Heck! Vegan Breakfast
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Courgette, halved lengthways and thinly sliced
- 3 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- ½ tsp Fennel Seeds, lightly crushed
- 200g Risotto Rice
- 800ml Vegetable Stock
- 200g Frozen Peas
- 1 Lemon, zested and juiced
- Small Bunch flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a large, frying pan, add the onion and courgette, and fry for 10 minutes until softened, adding a splash of water if it starts to catch.
- Add the garlic and fennel seeds, and cook for 2 minutes, then add the rice and stir until every grain is lightly coated in oil.
- Place a frying pan on the hob with a drizzle of Olive oil on a medium to high heat. Add the Vegfurters to the pan and cook for 12-14mins, until golden on each side.
- Keep the vegetable stock in a pan over a very low heat to keep warm. Add a ladleful at a time to the risotto, only adding more once the last spoonful has been completely absorbed, stirring all the time.
- Once the rice is cooked but still has a little bite, add the frozen peas and cook for another few minutes until just cooked.
- Stir in the lemon zest and juice of 1/2 lemon, chop each Vegfurter into bite sized chunks and divide between shallow bowls and top with the parsley and a slice of lemon,
|Nutritional Information||Per 100g||Per Portion|
|of which Saturates||0.4g||1.4g|
|of which Sugars||2.2g||8.6g|