Prep Time: 10mins - Cooking Time: 20mins - Serves: 4
Not only is this a beautiful centrepiece for a table, but it taste absolutely delicious. Light and comforting all at the same time. Coconut, kale and chicken curry pie. Using our Heck! Meat - Free Sausages, this is sure to become a weekly favourite.
- 1 Pack Heck! Meat - Free Chipolatas, chopped into 3
- 3-5 sheets ready made Filo Pastry
- 150g Curly Kale
- 1 Sweet Potato, chopped into chunks
- 1/2 Head of Broccoli
- 1 Shallot, diced
- 2 Spring Onions, sliced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 tsp Ginger Purée
- 1 tbsp Curry Powder
- 1/2 can Coconut Milk
- 1 Vegetable Stock Cube
- 1 Mug of Water
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
- 2 tbsp Nigella Seeds
- Pre - Heat the oven to 180'C.
- In a frying pan, combine the shallot and spring onion in a tbsp of oil and sauté on a low heat until soft. Add the Meat - Free Chipolata chunks and cook until golden. Add the curry powder, garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute or until the spices are fragrant. Add the coconut milk, stock cube and mug of water.
- Using the empty mug, combine the cornflour with a few spoons of water, and mix together. Add to the pan along with the broccoli florets, sweet potato and kale. Leave to simmer on a low heat for a couple of minutes, until the kale has wilted. Taste and season as desired.
- Once the kale has wilted, remove from the heat and set aside to cool. Once cool, transfer to ovenproof pie dish.
- Using the remaining coconut milk, add a little oil and brush over the sheets of filo pastry, I do this one at a time, and once brushed, scrunch it up (as creatively as you’d like!) and place on top of the sausages in the pie dish.
- Once covered sprinkle the pie with nigella seeds and pop into the oven for 10-15 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
|Nutritional Information||Per 100g||Per Portion|
|Of Which Saturates||1.2g||4.4g|
|Of Which Sugars||1.9g||7.2g|