Prep time: 15mins - Cook time: 30mins - Serves: 3
A simple, but flavoursome midweek meal! This Vegan Italia Sausage & Butter Bean Pesto Soup is packed with Mediterranean flavours and packs some extra zest - the perfect combination with vegan basil pesto and our Heck! Vegan Italia sausages.
- 1 pack of Heck! Vegan Italia Sausages
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 celery stalks, finely diced
- 3 carrots, finely diced
- 1 tin (400g) butter beans, drained
- 2 Tbsp vegan basil pesto
- 750ml vegetable stock
- Juice of 1⁄2 lemon
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Start by frying your heck sausages in a little oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Once they are lightly browned remove them from the pan and allow for them to cool for 5-10 minutes before carefully slicing them diagonally.
- Fry the slices in the remaining oil in the pan until the edges begin to crisp up, then set them aside.
- In the meantime, heat 1 tbsp sunflower oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the finely diced onion and cook for 5 minutes or until translucent.
- Add the crushed garlic and the finely diced celery and carrots. Cook everything for 8-10 minutes whilst stirring regularly and allow for the veg to soften and caramelise.
- Pour in a drained tin of butter beans and stir in 2 tbsp of vegan basil pesto.
- Add the vegetable stock and stir to combine everything with the pesto. Reduce the heat and let the soup simmer for 20 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, add the sausage slices into the soup and add the juice of a lemon before serving.
|Nutritional Information||Per 100g||Per Portion|
|Of Which Saturates||0.5g||2.7g|
|Of Which Sugars||1.5g||8.2g|