Prep time: 20 mins Cook time: 20-30 mins Serves:8-10 cups
A super refreshing & delicious addition to any meal, platter or buffet!
- 1 pack of Heck! Spring Chicken Mince
- 3x garlic cloves, peeled
- 2x lemongrass stick, chunks
- 1x thumb sized piece of ginger, peeled
- 3x lime leaves
- ½ bunch of coriander, stalks included roughly chopped
- 2x red finger chillies, chunks
- 3 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tsp Fish sauce
- 2 tbsp Sesame sauce
- 1x Pre-mix vegetable stir fry pack of choice
- 1/2 Red onion, cut into small chunks
- 1 tsp Tamarind paste
- 50ml water
- 4x baby gem lettuce heads
- Lime wedges
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Place the garlic, lemongrass, ginger, lime leaves, coriander, chillies, red onion chunks & 50ml water into a blender and pulse until a paste.
- Heat a wok with the vegetable oil get this as hot as possible, then pour in the paste from the blender, cooking this paste out until fragrant.
- Once cooked through add in the chicken mince keep the heat an as high as possible, always moving the chicken mince to keep it from sticking together, the more you move this and break it up the smaller and nicer the final product will be.
- Once this has cooked through and become golden, turn down to a medium heat and continue to cook until the juices at the bottom have become more sauce like and thicker.
- Add in your pre-mix vegetable stir fry pack, continuously stirring again this will release some more water you may need to turn the heat back up to high however keep an eye on it and always stir as you don’t want it to burn.
- Once the vegetable stir fry packet has cooked through, add your soy sauce, tamarind paste, fish sauce and sesame oil continue to cook through for a further 5-10 minutes.
- Leave to set aside and cool.
- Whilst the mince is cooling, prepare the baby gem lettuce leaves, keeping them whole gentle break of each individual leaf, wash, and place into really cold iced water. This will keep the leaf fresh and crispy free from wilting.
- Once all baby gem lettuce leaves are prepped and you are ready to start filling them, drain all the water from the leaves and pat dry with paper towel the excess water on the baby gem leaves.
- Fill with desired amount of chicken mince and serve with a wedge of lime.