Prep Time: 30mins - Cooking Time: 30mins - Serves 3
Here's a Heck! twist on a classic, try these delicious Spring Chicken Cakes, made with fluffy white potato and sweet peppers. Great for a healthy mid - week dinner.
- 1 Pack (500g) Heck! Spring Chicken Mince
- 150g Baby New Potatoes (Chopped into Quarters)
- 100g Chilli Cheese
- 1/2 Red Pepper (Finely Diced)
- 1/2 Yellow Pepper (Finely Diced)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (Crushed)
- 20g Flat Leaf Parsley
- 200g Golden Breadcrumbs
- 2 Eggs (Beaten)
- 2 Tbsp Sunflower Oil
- Pre - Heat the oven to 200'C
- Fill a pan with water and place it onto a high heat so that the water is boiling. Once the water is boiling add in the potato quarters.
- In a frying pan, on a medium heat, add in the sunflower oil. When the oil is up to temperature, throw in the peppers and garlic. Cook until soft and slightly golden.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, drain them in a colander and put on one side.
- When the peppers and garlic are cooked, put them in a mixing bowl with the spring chicken mince.
- The potatoes should be slightly cooled now, with a potato masher or the back of a spoon, mash the potato until its crumbly and in small chunks.
- Add the potato to the Mince and peppers and mix with a spoon.
- Now that the mixture is coming together, crack the eggs and pour in half of the breadcrumbs into the mince and mix until smooth.
- Pour the rest of the breadcrumbs onto a plate and chop the chilli cheese into evenly sized cubes.
- To make the cakes, take a small handful of the mix and mould it into a cake shape then add in the cube of chilli cheese in the middle and put another small bit of mixture on top of the cheese so that none of the cheese can pour out when cooking. (This mix should make 6 cakes)
- Roll the cakes into the breadcrumbs, so that all the sides are covered.
- Once all the cakes are made, place them onto a baking tray and pop them in the fridge to set for 20mins.
- When the cakes are set, place them in the pre - heated oven for 30mins.
- Once the cakes are cooked, serve immediately with some steamed veg.
|Nutritional Information||Per 100g||Per 2 Chicken Cakes|
|Of Which Saturates||3.0g||11g|
|Of Which Sugars||1.9g||7.0g|