Create meatballs stuffed with oozing mozzarella using our Spring Chicken Mince! Cook in a home-made tomato-based sauce. Serve hot with a green salad.
500g HECK Spring Chicken Mince
Packet of Mozzarella balls
Bread crumbs or a gluten-free alternative
½ red onion
1 clove of garlic
2 red peppers
2 cans of chopped tomatoes
200g chopped cherry tomatoes
1 tsp tomato puree
2 fresh chillies
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
2 tsp of cayenne pepper (but can put as much as you desire)
Salt & pepper
Handful of chopped fresh parsley
Handful of chopped fresh basil
Handful of chopped fresh coriander
- Preheat over to 160 degrees
- Using your hands and mould a handful of chicken mince around a ball of mozzarella.
- Empty the panko bread crumbs (we used rice flour) into a bowl
- Roll each meatball in the crumbs
- Put a drop of olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat
- Add the meatballs and fry for about 3-4 minutes so they begin to brown, then remove from the heat
- In another frying pan, add another splash of oil followed by your onions, peppers and a little salt. Fry off for about 3-4 minutes.
- Now add the garlic, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper & chilli. Fry for a further couple of minutes.
- Add the cherry tomatoes (and sundried if you fancy those too).
- Pour in the tinned tomatoes followed by the tomato puree, coriander & parsley. Add a splash of water and tea spoon of sugar. Season, then bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer for about 15 mins.
- Make little holes in the pan and add your meatballs to the tomato mix
- Add a sprinkle of cheese over the top
- Put in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes
- Remove from the oven.
- Serve straight away with a bed of salad leaves.
|Nutritional Information||Per 100g||Per Portion|
|of which Saturates||1.8g||6.9g|
|of which Sugars||3.0g||12g|