Prep time: 20mins – Cook time: 20 mins – Serves: 2
There is no better combo than steak and garlic butter.. enjoy them together with our juicy steak burger!
2 Steak and Butter burgers
2 burger buns (gluten free if desired)
2 field mushrooms
¼ block of cheddar cheese, sliced
Sweet potato fries or chips
For the butter:
½ block of salted butter, softened
1-2 garlic cloves, finely diced
1 handful of parsley, finely chopped
- Heat the oven to 180°C and cook the chips as per pack instructions.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and sear the burgers until they are browned on both sides. Place the burgers on a lined baking tray and put in the oven for 10 mins.
- Fry the mushroom lightly in the burger pan. After 10 mins, take the burger out of the oven and place the cheese and then the mushroom on top. Put back in the oven for 5 mins, until the cheese is melted and the mushroom is soft.
- To make the butter, mash the butter with the fork and add the garlic and chopped parsley. Keep mashing until nicely combined.
- Toast the burger bun and melt a little of the garlic butter to spread over the bun. Add a bit of salad, then place then burger in the bun with the mushroom and the butter on top.
Tip: To make the butter into a circle shape so it looks nicer, lay 2 layers of clingfilm vertically on a flat surface overlapping each other. Place the butter on the clingfilm and roll the bit of the clingfilm closest to you over the butter. Push the butter back towards you with your hands to mould. Once in a slightly rounded shape, roll it away from you in the rest of the clingfilm. Twist the ends and knot them, then slice however many rounds you need. You could put it into the freezer to make the shape a bit sturdier and easier to cut through.
|Per 100g||Per serving|
|of which Saturates||13g||53g|
|of which Sugars||0.5g||2.2g|