Your kids will love these Spring Chicken Sausage Rolls - they have a twist on an old favourite. Try packing them in lunchboxes, picnics or serve them as party finger food.
- 1 Pack Heck! Spring Chicken Chipolatas
- Puff Pastry ready roll sheet x 1
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- Salt & Pepper
- 10g Sesame or nigella seeds
- Ketchup to serve
- Pre-heat your oven to 200 fan
- Remove the Spring Chicken Sausage meat from its casing and place in a bowl along with the cold water & seasoning. Mix together with your hands.
- Roll out the puff pastry sheet and cut lengthways so you have 2 long strips of pastry
- Place the sausage meat onto the puff pastry sheets right down the middle
- Brush the long edge of the pastry with the beaten egg
- Roll the pastry over and seal by pressing in with a fork
- Slice the pastry into sausage roll pieces - You can decide how big or small to make these
- Then brush the tops with the beaten egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds or nigella seeds
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown
- Serve up with plenty of ketchup or your favourite sauce. Perfect for a homemade snack or entertaining guests!
||Per Sausage Roll|
Of Which Saturates
Of Which Sugars