Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 40 mins Serves 4
These sweet potato croquettes are packed with delicious flavour and have a bit of a kick! If spice isn’t for you, simply reduce or remove the chili. Serve up with a colourful, crunchy salad and a splodge of mayonnaise. If you’re having a get together these are a winner on the buffet table and can be made in advance.
- 2 Packs HECK Spring Chicken Chipolatas
- 1kg Sweet Potato
- 100g Spring Onions - chopped
- 1 Red & Green chilli - finely chopped
- 1 tsp Garlic Paste
- 60g Panko Bread Crumbs
- 10g Parsley
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees and put a large pan of water on the boil
- Peel the sweet potatoes, chop into rough chunks and pop them into the boiling water, leaving to simmer for about 15-20 minutes. (You will know when they are done if you can poke a blunt knife into the potato)
- Put the spring onion & chilli in a medium/large mixing bowl. De-skin the sausages, add the chicken meat and mix together with either your hands or a large spoon.
- Remove the sweet potato from the heat, drain the water and then mash.
- Add the mashed potato to the chicken mix & combine with a large spoon.
- Using your spoon, fill a piping bag with the mixture. Snip the narrow end of the bag to the desired size of the croquettes and on a baking tray, squeeze out the mix into long strips and cut to portion size (approx. 6cm long)
- Mix the bread crumbs, parsley, salt & pepper in a bowl
- Roll each croquettes in the bowl of crumbs, transfer onto a baking tray and pop in the oven for 20 mins until the croquettes start to look golden brown
- Serve with a large colourful salad and your favourite sauce (we recommend mayonnaise)