Prep time: 10 mins - Cook time: 45 mins - Serves: 2
Bring a bit of Spain to your home with this twist on a traditional paella
- 1 pack of Smoky Heck Dog Sausages, chopped into pieces
- 1 tablespoon of rapeseed oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 100g brown basmati rice
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- Generous pinch of saffron
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 1 large red pepper
- 160g green beans, trimmed and halved
- 60g large prawns
- Large handful of parsley, chopped
- 1/2 lemon, cut into wedges
1. Heat the oil in a deep frying pan and cook the onion for 5 mins, until soft. Add the Smoky Heck dog pieces and fry for a few mins until browned on the outside.
2. Tip in the garlic, rice and paprika, stirring briefly. Stir the saffron into the stock, then pour this into the pan. Add the peppers, cover the pan, reduce the heat and simmer for 25 mins.
3. Stir the beans into the pan and cook for another 5 mins.
4. Add the prawns, cover again and cook for 2 mins more until the rice has absorbed all the liquid and the prawns are warm (not rubbery). Stir in the parsley, season to taste and serve with lemon wedges.
|Per 100g||Per serving|
|of which Saturates||4.0g||29g|
|of which Sugars||2.9g||21g|