Prep Time: 30mins - Cooking Time: 10mins - Serves: 4
Chicken Burgers flattened, covered in breadcrumbs and fried until golden and crispy. A quick and easy way to have breaded chicken! Using our Simply Chicken Burgers for easy portions sizes.
For the Schnitzel
- 2 Packs Heck! Simply Chicken Burgers
- 3 tbsp grated parmesan
- 100g flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 75g dried panko breadcrumbs
- 75ml vegetable oil
For the Chips
- 1kg Red Potatoes
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Dried Thyme
For the coleslaw
- 300g white cabbage, shredded
- 1 large carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 red-skinned apple, grated
- 150g pot natural yogurt
- juice ½ lemon
- 2 tsp English mustard
- 1tbsp Flat Leaf Parsley
- Pre - heat the oven to 200'C.
- Chop the potatoes into long chunks, then place them onto a large baking tray. Drizzle the chips in the oil then the dried thyme. Toss them in the tray so that they are evenly coated.
- Pop them in the oven for 40mins or until brown and crispy.
- Place a layer of cling film on your work surface and pop the Simply Chicken Burgers on top. Cover with another piece of cling film and, using a rolling pin, bash the chicken until it is 2-3mm thick.
- Put the flour on a plate and season, then put the egg on another plate. Dip the chicken in the flour to coat, then into the egg.
- Mix together the breadcrumbs and Parmesan in a shallow bowl, then toss the chicken in the mixture to completely coat in the panko breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a fairly high heat and cook the chicken schnitzels two at a time. Sizzle them for 2-3 mins each side until completely golden, then lift out onto kitchen paper to drain. You can keep them warm in a low oven while you cook the rest.
- Remove the chips for the oven and serve with Simply Chicken Schnitzel and Slaw
- For the Coleslaw - mix all the ingredients in a large bowl. Season to taste.