Prep time: 10mins - Cook time: 1hr 10mins- Serves: 2
Meaty, sweet and cheesy... The Classic take on the Meatball sub, perfect for lunch or dinner
- 1/2 pack Heck Simply Chicken Chipolatas
- 2 Sub Rolls of your choice
- 100g Cheddar Cheese (grated)
- 400g chopped tomato's
- 1 yellow onion (sliced)
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp oregano
- Salt & pepper
- De-skin the chipolatas by scoring down the middle and peel back the casing.
- Mix all the sausages together in a bowl and mould into a meatball shape.
- In a frying pan on a medium heat with drizzle of oil, add the meatballs to the pan and fry for 12 - 14 minutes.
- Place a frying pan on the hob on a medium heat
- Add the tomatoes, the sliced onion, the chopped garlic cloves, olive oil, oregano and a pinch of salt & pepper to taste
- Let the ingredients simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Once the sauce is cool, blend the sauce until it is smooth and with no lumps.
- Place cooked Simply Chicken meatballs into the sauce on a medium heat for 10 mins
- Toast the sub roll with the grated cheese on top, once the cheese is gooey and bubbling, add your meatballs and sauce.
- Serve with a side salad