Prep Time: 20mins mins Cook Time: 35mins - Serves: 4
This delicious Simply Chicken Mince and Lentil Curry is the perfect mid - week meal. Use our lean Simply Chicken Mince for an extra protein hit.
- 1 pack (500g) Heck! Simply Chicken Mince
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 Onions (Thinly sliced)
- 4 Cloves Garlic (Minced)
- 3cm fresh ginger (Minced)
- 2 Green Chillies (seeds removed)
- 1/2 tsp Chilli powder
- 1tsp Masala powder
- 1tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 Lemon (Juiced)
- 400g Tin Chopped tomatoes
- 150g Red lentils
- 500ml Water
- Heat small amount of oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Fry the mince then add the cumin and onions stir until browned.
- Add the ginger, garlic, green chillies cook for 2-3 mins
- Add the chilli powder, masala and turmeric powder along with the lemon juice ,tomatoes and the 500 ml of water.
- Bring to boil, add the lentils reduce the heat stir regularly for 15 mins.
- Once the lentils have cooked down, serve with some fluffy white rice and naan bread.
|Nutritional Information||Per 100g||Per Portion|
|Of Which Saturates||0.5g||2.2g|
|Of Which Sugars||2.2g||9.6g|