Prep Time: 15mins Cook Time: 30mins- Serves: 4
Bring the flavours of the Middle East to your midweek meals with this stunning Simply Chicken Flatbread. The ideal meal for sharing – pile a platter full of warm flatbreads, mint-yogurt, crisp lettuce and cucumber and our Simply Chicken Chipolatas, then let everyone dive in and wrap up their own delicious dinners.
- 1 pack Simply Chicken sausages
- 2 little gem lettuces
- 150g fat free Greek yoghurt
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Small bunch fresh mint
- Small bunch fresh flat leaf parsley
- 400g Eschalion shallots
- 250g cooked beetroot (not pickled!)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 8 wholemeal flatbreads
- Grill the Simply Chicken sausages according to the packet instructions.
- To make the dressing, chop the mint and parsley and mix with the Greek yoghurt and lemon juice.
- Season with a little bit of black pepper to taste and leave to one side.
- Slice the beetroot and shallots into segments and cook over a medium heat with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar, adding a splash of water as needed to keep the pan moist and prevent the veg catching on the bottom.
- To serve, finely slice the lettuces and layer on the bottom. Now add some of the beetroot and shallot mix, and finish with the Simply Chicken sausages before topping with the herby yoghurt dressing.
|Nutritional Information||Per 100g||
Per 402g Portion
(2 Chipolatas = 58g)
|Of Which Saturates||1.7g||7.0g|
|Of Which Sugars||3.1g||13g|