Prep time: 2 mins - Cook time: 10 mins - Serves 2
This is a vegan version of scrambled eggs. It’s really tasty a great source of fibre! It doesn’t take long to prepare either. Makes a change from your usual morning porridge or bran flakes!
4 HECK! Vegan Breakfast Sausage
1 tsp of Olive oil
450g of tofu
8 cherry tomatoes
1 tsp of freshly chopped chives
Cracked black pepper
- Put a drop of oil in a frying pan and place on a medium to high heat. Add your sausages to the pan. Cook off for 10-15 minutes, remembering to turn occasionally so they are golden.
- Whilst your sausages are frying, slice the tomatoes in half on a chopping board. Finely chop your chives too and set to one side.
- Mash the tofu in a mixing bowl with a fork to make a scrambled like mixture.
- Put another frying pan on the hob with a dash of oil on a medium heat.
- Add the mashed tofu to the pan and cook for 5 minutes. Then put the tomatoes and seasoning in the same pan and cook for a further 4-5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Remove the sausages from the heat and place onto the chopping board. Using a knife or a pair of scissors, chop the sausages into thin pieces, then add them to the other pan. Give it a good stir then remove from the heat.
- Plate up the tofu scramble and sprinkle with the chives.
- Serve with chunky tomato salsa and enjoy immediately!