Celebration Sausage and Pineapple Muffins
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 - 35 minutes
Makes 8 - 9
1 pack Heck Pork Sausages
2 tsp sunflower oil
250g self-raising flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 level tsp dried sage
4 discs tinned pineapple (140g)
85g unsalted butter
125g Greek yogurt
2 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/170˚C Fan/Gas 5. Put muffin cases in a muffin tray.
- Fry the sausages in 1 tbsp of sunflower oil over a medium heat until golden brown approximately 13 – 15 minutes, remove from the pan. Cut 3 sausages into small pieces.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder into a bowl, stir in the sage.
- Pat dry the pineapple from any juice and cut 3 discs into small pieces. The remaining disc will be used for the sausage candle.
- Melt the butter then lightly beat it together with the yogurt and eggs, stir into the flour mix along with the pineapple and diced sausages until all the ingredients are mixed, do not over mix.
- Place 1 dessertspoon of mixture into each case and top with 1 level teaspoon of pineapple jam, then top with a further dessertspoon of mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 35 minutes until golden brown.
- Leave in the tin for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Glaze with pineapple jam.
- Cut the remaining sausages in half, thread a cocktail stick into the base. Make a slight incision in the top of the sausage and place in a triangle of pineapple. Top the muffin with the sausage candle. Serve warm.