Prep Time: 5 mins Cook Time: 30 mins - Serves: 4
- 1 pack HECK! Zesty chicken Sausages
- 1 onion (finely diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (peeled and crushed)
- 10ml olive oil
- 150ml dry white wine
- 170ml hot chicken or vegetable stock
- 300g risotto rice
- 70g low fat crème fraiche
- 15 fresh mint leaves (finely chopped)
- Large handful parsley (chopped)
- 60g feta cheese
- 25g parmesan cheese (grated)
- Zest of half a lemon
- Black pepper to taste
- 150g fresh of frozen broad beans (if frozen, defrost beforehand)
- 150g fresh or frozen peas (if frozen, defrost beforehand)
- Juice of half a lemon
- Sea salt
- Pre-heat grill to medium.
- In one saucepan add the olive oil and onions and cook on a medium heat for 5 minutes.
- In a second saucepan, ass the chicken stock, bring to boil and the turn down to a simmer on a low heat.
- Add the crushed garlic to the onion and cook for 2 minutes making sure not to burn the garlic. Now add the rice, mix well to coat the grains with oil and cook for 1 minute until the rice has gone almost translucent. Add the wine, give everything a good stir and cook until the wine is almost absorbed.
- turn the heat to a simmer, add a ladleful of stock and stir until it is almost absorbed. Keep adding the stock ladleful at a time, each time waiting until the stock has almost absorbed before adding more. Repeat until the rice is cooked- it should have a slight bite to it. This should take about 25-30 minutes.
- Once the rice has been cooking for around 15 minutes, pop the sausages under a medium grill and cook according to pack instructions.
- When the risotto is almost ready add the peas, crème fraiche and broad beans, give everything a goos stir. Remove from heat and finally stir in the parmesan cheese, herbs, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the risotto on to four plates, add the sausages and stir. Then crumble the feta and scatter over the top with the lemon zest. Finish with another grind of black pepper before serving.