Prep Time: 10mins - Cooking Time: 1hr - Serves: 5
We can't think of a better combination, Sausages, Gravy with Salt & Vinegar Chips. The perfect chip shop fakeaway with a twist. Using our original recipe 97% pork sausages, this is definitely going to become a Friday night favourite.
- 2 Packs Heck! 97% Pork Sausages
- 1kg Red Potatoes
- 1 Red Onion (finely diced)
- 1 Beef Stock Pot
- 500ml Boiling Water
- 1 tsp Dried Rosemary
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme
- 2 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp Corse Sea Salt
- Black Pepper - Taste
- 2 tbsp Gravy Granules
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and boil a kettle
- Cut the potatoes (skins on) into chips
- Add the chips to a baking tray with a generous drizzle of vegetable oil and a pinch of salt
- Drizzle the red wine vinegar all over, give everything a good mix up and put the tray in the oven for an initial 20mins – these are your salt & vinegar chips
- Whilst the chips are cooking, dissolve the beef stock pot in 500ml of boiling water.
- Add the onions to a saucepan and cook until they are starting to brown. Once the onions are cooked add the stock to the pan. Simmer for a couple of minutes.
- While the stock is simmering, add the dried thyme and dried rosemary. Add the gravy granules to thicken the gravy.
- Now its time to cook the sausages, chop the sausages into three. Place them into medium to high frying pan with a drizzle of oil. Cook for 14 - 15mins.
- When the sausages and chips are cooked, in a oven proof dish, add the sausages, the gravy on top, then add the chips. Balance the chips on top of the sausages, so that the chips don't go soggy in the gravy. Keep layering the chips so that there's sausages or gravy showing.
- Once the chip topping is done, place the dish into the oven for a final 25mins.
- Serve immediately with some buttery peas
|Nutritional Information||Per 100g||Per Portion|
|of which Saturates||2.9g||13g|
|of which Sugars||0.8g||3.7g|