Prep Time: - Cook Time: 45 mins - Serves 8-10
Create a show-stopping centrepiece for your guests using our Heck 97% sausages. Serve this pie with green leaves and extra cranberry sauce!
1 pack Heck 97% sausages
375g pack fresh ready-rolled short crust pastry, at room temperature
1/2 tbsp olive oil
1 large white onion, diced
180g whole chestnuts, roughly chopped
100g dried cranberries
1 large egg
100g fresh white breadcrumbs
1.5tsp dried sage
Pinch of black pepper
50g cranberry sauce
50g pecans, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/ fan160°C/gas 4. Unroll the pastry and use to line a 28cm round, fluted tart tin. Line with baking paper and baking beans and blind bake for 5 minutes. Remove the paper and beans.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a small frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onions and cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened and golden. Tip into a large bowl.
- De skin the sausages, add to the bowl, with the chopped chestnuts, cranberries, sage, black pepper, egg, and fresh breadcrumbs. Mix until really well combined.
- Spoon into the pastry case and press down evenly to level out. Bake for 20 minutes, then remove from the oven fresh over the honey onto the pastry case and bake for a further 5 minutes until golden.
- To decorate, mix the cranberry sauce and pecans and spoon round the edge of the tart. Serve with a mixed leaf salad.
Serve up and enjoy!
|Nutritional Information||Per 100g||Per Portion|
|of which Saturates||7.2g||9.4g|
|of which Sugars||5.0g||6.6g|