Prep Time:10mins - Cooking Time: 25mins - Serves: 4
Eating your veggies never looked or tasted so good! Try this easy winter warmer of a pasta dish. Add our Chicken Italia Sausages for that extra hit of protein.
- 1 Pack Heck! Chicken Italia Sausages
- 250g Orzo Pasta
- 1 x Small Pumpkin or butternut squash
- 225g Vine Cherry Tomatoes
- 280g Sundried Tomatoes
- 200g Feta Cheese
- Chicken stock cube / pot
- Salt & Pepper
- Oil for frying
- Pre-heat your oven to 180°c
- Boil the kettle and cover the 250g of Orzo pasta in a large saucepan. Add in the chicken stock cube and stir. Leave to simmer on a low-medium heat until the pasta has softened. Continuously stir so that the pasta doesn’t stick to the bottom.
- Whilst your pasta cooks, chop up your pumpkin or squash into 2cm cubed pieces and place onto a baking tray with the vine cherry tomatoes and a generous drizzle of olive oil and salt and pepper. Place in the oven to cook for around 15-20 minutes. Give them a shake half way through cooking. Add more oil if needed.
- In a hot pan (with a little oil) cook your Heck! chicken sausages until golden brown on the outside and cooked all the way through. Once cooked, cut into bite sized pieces.
- Whilst those parts cook, chop up the sun-dried tomatoes into small pieces
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain the water and place back into the saucepan along with the cooked veg, Heck! chicken sausage pieces, sun-dried tomatoes, crumble in some feta, add about a tablespoon of the oil from the sun-dried tomato jar, season and serve. Finish with fresh basil.
|Nutritional Information||Per 100g||Per Portion|
|Of Which Saturates||2.2g||13g|
|Of Which Sugars||2.8g||16g|