Prep Time: 5 mins Cook Time: 25 mins - Serves: 2
- 4 HECK 97% Pork Sausages
- 1 small onion (finely diced)
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- 250g Passata
- 400g tin cannellini beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 handful chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 4 thick slices of sour dough bread
- 1tsp sugar
- Sea salt
- Course black pepper
- 1 garlic clove (cut in half)
- 60g buffalo mozzarella (torn)
- Olive oil
- Gently heat 1tsp olive oil in a pan and fry the sausages for 10-12 minutes.
- As the sausages are cooking, add a good splash of olive oil to a large saucepan and sauté the onions for 5-6 minutes until golden but not brown.
- Add the smoked paprika to the onions, give everything a god stir and cook for 1 minute more. Then add the Passata and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Slice each sausage into three pieces and add to the saucepan along with the cannellini beans and sugar. Season to taste with salt and pepper and simmer for 5 minutes more.
- While the sausage mixture is cooking, toast the bread, then rub each side with garlic.
- Stir the chopped parsley into the sausage mixture, giving everything another good stir before spooning over the garlicky bread.
- Top with the torn mozzarella pieced and serve immediately.
- To boost our five-a-day, serve a crisp green salad on the side.