Prep Time: 10mins - Cook Time: 20 mins - Serves: 2
What better way to start the weekend? Fill a crispy ciabatta roll with our meaty Heck 97% bangers. Add some pesto & home-made ketchup for the ultimate posh dog!
- 1 Pack Heck 97% Pork Sausages
- Ready To Bake Ciabatta Rolls
- Fresh Rocket Leaves
- Parmesan Shavings
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- Olive Oil
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Tomato Paste
- Chilli Powder
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 fan
- Place the ready to bake ciabatta rolls into the oven for 8-10 minutes (or recommended cooking time).
- Whilst the rolls bake, cook your sausages on the BBQ or in a frying pan. Cook until brown and cooked all the way through.
- Once both cooked, prepare all your extras ready to assemble your ‘posh dogs’.
- Make a basil oil (or you can use pesto if you prefer): Add in a handful of fresh basil leaves and a glug of olive oil to a food processor or Nutribullet and blitz up until you have a beautiful green basil oil.
- Slice the ciabatta rolls down the middle but not all the way through. Load up with a bed of rocket leaves. Place in some parmesan shavings and top with your sausage.
- Finish by adding a few extra parmesan shavings (would be rude not to!) and drizzle with your homemade basil oil.
- If you’re feeling really fancy, you can make your own tomato sauce (otherwise Ketchup is always a winner) using roasted baby tomatoes, tomato paste and a sprinkle of chilli powder.