Prep Time: 30-40mins - Cook Time: 20-30mins - Makes 2 Pizzas
Load up your homemade pizza dough with our delicious Family Favourite sausages, broccoli, pesto and plenty of cheese! This is a Friday night winner, and provides a bit of fun for all the family.
- 1 x 7 g sachet of dried yeast
- 1 tablespoon golden caster sugar
- 1 kg strong white bread flour , plus extra for dusting
- 650ml of lukewarm water
- 1 level teaspoon of fine sea salt
- 1 clove of garlic , peeled
- A handful of fresh basil leaves
- 1 x 400 g tin of chopped tomatoes
- HECK Family Favourite Sausages
- Grated Cheddar
- Fresh Mozzeralla
- Fresh Basil
- 1tbp Green Pesto
- Tenderstem Broccoli
- Olive Oil
- To make your dough, pour 650ml of lukewarm water into a large bowl and use a fork to stir in the yeast, sugar and 1 level teaspoon of fine sea salt. Add your flour, bit by bit, until it comes together. You want smooth springy dough, so keep adding a bit more flour if necessary. Dust a clean surface with flour, then knead the dough with your hands. When you’re happy with the consistency, pop it into a flour-dusted bowl, cover with a damp cloth and leave in a warm room until the dough has almost doubled in size.
- Meanwhile, pre-heat your oven to 200 fan.
- In a large hot pan, cook your sausages with a little oil until golden brown and cooked all the way through.
- Put all the tomato sauce ingredients into a food processor or liquidiser with a good pinch of salt and black pepper and blitz to a purée. Have a taste and season carefully, adding a bit more salt and pepper if it needs it.
- Boil the tenderstem broccoli for 3mins. Once lightly cooked set to one side.
- Divide the dough in half and oil 2 trays (about 25 x 35cm) with olive oil. Use a rolling pin or clean hands to flatten and stretch the dough out. Roll or push the dough around each tray and really push it into the corners so you get a chubby crust and a base about 1cm thick.
- Divide your blitzed tomato sauce between the pizzas and spread around evenly.
- Sprinkle over the grated cheese and herbs. Tear up pieces of mozzarella and add those. Chop the sausages and lay on top along with the broccoli stems. Dollop little blobs of green pesto then drizzle all over with some olive oil.
- Place in the bottom of the oven for about 20 minutes so the base gets nice and crispy while the top is cooking.
- Once your pizzas are beautifully cooked, serve right away and enjoy!
Put the dough near a radiator whilst rising to speed up the process.