Prep Time: 10mins - Cook Time: 45mins - Serves: 6
With Halloween just around the corner it’s time to make some spooky treats! This is the perfect task to keep the kids busy, no matter what age. Expect lots of mess but a delicious result. Serve hot or cold and dip in blood-red ketchup!
- 1 Pack Heck 97% Pork Sausages
- Croissant Dough (we used Jus-Rol Croissants)
- 6 Cheese Slices
- ½ Mozzarella Cheese-String – for the eyes
- 3 Black Olives – for the eyes
- Ketchup & mustard – to serve
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees then cook the sausages for 25 minutes
- Whilst the sausages are cooking, roll out the croissant dough then using a knife cut six 1cm wide strips and also cut the cheese into six wide strips.
- Place the cooled sausages on top of the cheese strips and wrap the croissant strips around them both. Cutting the trimmings off, if too long
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes
- For the eyes cut the mozzarella cheese strings into circles and use a straw to poke through. Then cut the olives into tiny pieces and place in the mozzarella hole created by the straw to make the pupils. Stick the eyes onto the mummies with mustard or ketchup. Alternatively, you can use cake décor edible eyes
|Nutritional Information||Per Mummified Sausage Roll|
|Of Which Saturates||18g|
|Of Which Sugars||0.8g|