A hearty one pot Simply chicken stew, cooked in Ras el hanout and chicken stock, served with sweet apricots, flaked almonds and fresh parsley.
- 1 Pack (500g) Heck! Simply Chicken Mince
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large red onions, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large carrot, chopped into chunks
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 tsp Ras el hanout
- 200g giant couscous
- 750ml chicken stock
- 40g dried apricots, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp flaked almonds
- Handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- Add the olive oil to a large saucepan over a medium heat, add the red onion and cook for 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the garlic and chicken mince, breaking up the mince with the back of a spoon, then cook for 5 minutes, or until browned all over.
- Add the carrot and sweet potato chunks, followed by the Ras el Hanout, stir and cook for a minute to toast the spices before pouring in the stock.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 15 minutes, then add the couscous and cook for a further 15 minutes until couscous is fully cooked.
- Serve with the apricots, flaked almonds and parsley scattered over.
|Nutritional Information||Per 100g||Per Portion|
|Of Which Saturates||0.5g||2.4g|
|Of Which Sugars||3.0g||14g|