Prep Time: 5 mins - Cook Time: 40 mins - Serves 1
A sub filled with homemade marinara sauce, Italian sausages & melty vegan cheese - delicious served hot or cold!
- 2 Heck! Vegan Italia Sausages
- 1/2 foot-long soft baguette
- 1 Tbsp vegan butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- as much shredded vegan cheese as you like
- Grill the sausages until golden on all sides.
- Make the marinara sauce: Heat the butter in a frying pan and sauté the onion until translucent, add in the garlic and cook for 1 minute, then pour in the chopped tomatoes, herbs, seasoning and maple syrup. Allow to simmer on a low heat for 15-20 minutes. Transfer to a blender to process into a smooth sauce. Return to the stove to reduce and thicken the sauce for a few minutes, if needed.
- Slice open your baguette and place 1-2 Tbsp of the sauce inside. Cut the sausages in halves, then place them inside the baguette and top with more marinara sauce.
- Add shredded vegan cheese on top and place the open baguette under the grill for 5 minutes to melt the cheese. Serve hot or cold & enjoy!
|Nutritional Information||Per 100g||
Per 625g Portion
(2 Sausages = 54g)
|Of Which Saturates||3.0g||19g|
|Of Which Sugars||4.4g||28g|