Prep time: 30 mins - Cook time: 30 mins - Serves 4
A super simple recipe using Heck lamb and mint burgers with onion and potato to create a flavoursome filling for these puff pastry pasties.
1/2 tbsp olive oil
1 white onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 x pack Heck lamb & mint burgers
200g white potatoes
2 tbsp tomato puree
320g pack ready rolled puff pastry
1 egg, beaten
- Place a frying pan over a medium heat, add the olive oil. Once hot, add diced onion and fry for 5 minutes until starting to soften.
- Add the burgers and begin to mash with a potato masher to break them up. Once browned, add the diced potato and garlic, cook for a further 5 minutes, until the mince in cooked through.
- Add the tomato puree and stir through.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool completely.
- Preheat the oven to 200°c/fan 180°c and line a large baking tray with parchment.
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut into 4 rectangles. Spoon a quarter of the filling onto one half of each pastry leaving a 2cm border. Fold the other half the pastry over the top and use a fork to crimp and seal the edges. Brush all over with the egg.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until golden.