Prep time: 10mins - Cook time: 20mins - Serves: 6
The Sweet and spicy mix to get the taste buds going. A great alternative to the classic sausage roll.
- 4 Heck! 97% Pork Sausages
- 375g Jus Rol puff pastry
- 4 Heck! 97% Pork sausages
- 200g Pineapple jam
- 3tbsp Milk
- 1.5tsp Jerk Paste/Marinade
- Pre - Heat the oven to 180°C Fan
- Cut the Jus Rol puff pastry into 2 rectangles
- Remove the sausage skin by scoring down the middle of the sausage then peel off the skin.
- Once all of the sausages have been de-skinned, Mix the sausage meat with 1.5tsp of Jerk marinade
- Place the sausage meat into the middle strip of the two rectangles
- Add the pineapple jam to the top of the sausages (you can add as little or as much as you like)
- Brush the edges with the Milk then roll the pastry over to seal.
- Cut the sausage rolls into desired size
- Brush the top of the sausage rolls with the rest of the milk
- Gently score the tops of the rolls with a knife- this will help to let the steam out while they are cooking
- Place the sausage rolls into the pre - heated oven for 20 mins or until golden
- Serve with a side salad and slaw