Make this comforting meatball and garlic bread traybake for a dinner the whole family will enjoy. Using our Chicken Italia Seasoned Mince, this is sure to be a winner!
- 1 Pack (500g) Heck! Chicken Italia Mince
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 1½ tbsp Sunflower Oil
- 1 Onion (Chopped)
- 3 Garlic Cloves, (Crushed)
- 1 tbsp Tomato Purée
- 2 x 400g Cans Chopped Tomatoes
- 150g Mozzarella Ball, torn into pieces
- 1 Garlic Bread Stick (Shop Bought)
- 25g Cheddar, (Grated)
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
To Serve - Green salad and Whole Wheat Spaghetti,
- Pre - Heat the oven to 200'C
- Combine the Chicken Italia Mince, Dried Oregano and Fennel Seeds in a bowl. Take walnut-sized pieces of the mixture and roll into balls.
- Heat half the oil in a large, shallow ovenproof pan and cook the meatballs until browned all over – don’t worry if they’re not cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan and add the onion. Cook until softened, about 10-12 mins, stirring regularly. Stir in the garlic for another minute, then the tomato purée, chopped tomatoes and Worcestershire sauce.
- Take the garlic bred out of the packaging, slice along the pre - made scores and then cut the piece in half again.
- Simmer for 10-15 mins, then season to taste. Place the meatballs on top of the sauce, then add the mozzarella, garlic bread and the cheddar on top. Bake for 15-20 mins until golden and crisp.
- Serve up with your green salad and whole wheat spaghetti.
(Without Spaghetti or Green Salad)
|Per 100g||Per Portion|
|Of Which Saturates||3.3g||14g|
|Of Which Sugars||2.9g||12g|