Prep Time: 2 mins - Cook Time: 15 mins (5mins for the dough) - Serves 2
Sometimes you want something a little different, and this is a perfect way to use pizza dough to make something totally delicious. You can even make the ‘buns’ the night before for a super easy meal the following day.
2 Sausages of your choice (we used Heck 97%)
1 260g Neapolitan Dough ball
Ketchup and Mustard to serve.
- Precook two sausages of your choice, I used Heck 97%
- Take one 260g Neapolitan dough ball, use a scraper and slice in two,
- Gently shape each half so it’s slightly longer than your sausage, about 6cm wide.
- Compress the centre of the dough to form a channel for the sausage to sit in, once you’ve shaped this, dock the channel using a fork, or sharp edge of a dough scraper, this will prevent this area of the dough rising, whilst the rest of the dough will puff up just like a crust on a pizza.
- Cook the dough for around 5 minutes at 400c with the flame on low, turning a few times throughout
- Place your cooked sausage into the cooked ‘buns’, generously drizzle with mustard and ketchup, and enjoy.
This recipe has been made for us by Mozzafella!
Mozzafella (Dan Hall) is a multi-award winning UK pizza chef, who operates pizza pop ups throughout Yorkshire, as well as being a brand ambassador for Ooni pizza ovens.
Winner Best Pizza Chef of the year 2021
Category winner; Best Pizza Chef of the year 2021
Winner Best pizzeria in England 2019
|Nutritional Information||Per 100g||Per Hot Dog|
|of which Saturates||2.4g||4.5g|
|of which Sugars||2.6g||4.8g|