Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 30 mins - Serves: 4
Everybody loves a quick pasta pesto – adding our chicken sausages makes it a great weeknight supper.
- 1 pack Heck! Simply Chicken Sausage
- 250g Gigli Pasta
- 1 large red onion
- 150g tender stem broccoli
- 7 sliced sun-dried tomatoes
- 20g toastes pine nuts
- 60g of fresh pesto
- Salt & Black Pepper
- Juice of half a lemon
- Parmesan shaving
- Olive oil
- Place a large pan on a small pan of salted water onto the boil.
- As the water starts to come to the boil, cut the red onion into eight wedges and place onto a roasting tin with sausages and a touch of olive oil and roast at 180°C for 12-14 minutes.
- As they are a cooking, cook the pasta (see pasta cooking guidelines). Four minutes before the pasta has cooked, add the broccoli to the other pan of water. Once cooked drain both the pasta and the broccoli and put to one side.
- Once cooked, slice the sausages into 5. In a large pan add a drizzle of olive oil and the sun-dried tomatoes. Cook for one minute and then add the cooked pasta, sausages, onion wedges and broccoli. Toss well and then add the pesto and the juice of half a lemon and stir well. Season with black pepper and salt if needed.
- To serve, sprinkle the pine nuts and parmesan cheese shaving over the top.