Prep time: 10-15 mins - Cook time: 20 mins - Serves 3-4
Burgers on skewers are the simply brilliant! They’re a great way to use up those leftover burgers you cooked yesterday and fantastic to get some extra veg into the meal. Coated with BBQ sauce and then grilled, these skewers have a wonderful sweet, smoky & caramelised flavour - simply divine alongside your favourite salads & Co to round off the meal!
- 4 Meat Free Burgers
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil (or other vegetable oil)
- 2 corn on the cob, 1-inch slices
- 1 large red onion, roughly chopped into bite-size pieces
- 2 courgettes, 1-inch slices
- 1 large red bell pepper, bite-size pieces
- 100 ml vegan-friendly BBQ Sauce
- fresh salads
- Vegan coleslaw
- Toasted garlic bread
- Your favourite BBQ dips & sauces
- Start by preparing all of your ingredients. Take your Meat Free burgers and cut each burger into 4 equal pieces. If you want to ensure they will completely cook through you can briefly fry them in a non-stick skillet with a little bit of oil, then slice them after.
- Pierce all of your vegetables and burgers onto 6 long skewers.
- In the meantime, heat up your grill.
- Brush all of the skewers with oil comma then place them or to the hot grill for 5 to 8 minutes or until the vegetables, such as the courgettes and peppers, begin to soften.
- Carefully remove the skewers from the grill and brush all of the skewers in the barbecue sauce full stop return them to the hot grill and cook for a further 8 to 10 minutes whilst turning regularly until your vegetables are fully cooked and the edges of your skewers lightly browned and caramelised. You can also brush them with barbecue sauce multiple times during this process.
- Serve your grill skewers alongside your favourite side dishes come on such as fresh salads or vegan coleslaw.
|per 100g||per person|
|of which Saturates||1.5g||5.6g|
|of which Sugars||6.7g||24g|