Prep Time: 10mins Cook Time: 20mins - Serves: 2
Take the sausage sandwich to another level with yummy ingredients like red peppers and rocket. Hearty and flavourful, it's a great choice when hunger strikes
- 1 Pack Heck! 97% Pork Sausages
- 1 red pepper
- 2 Warburtons thins
- 20g of fresh rocket, washed
- 1 tsp of your choice of mustard
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- To make your square sausages - Remove the skins from the sausages. Use 3 sausages per person. Mash the 3 sausages together and shape into a square pattie.
- Turn your grill on and up to a high temperature.
- Slice your red pepper into thin strips. Put your peppers into a mixing bowl. Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Give them a good stir so the seasoning spreads evenly.
- Place your square sausage patties onto the racking and underneath the grill. Cook for 15-20 minutes, remembering to turn half way for an even, golden result.
- When you go to turn your squares half way, place your peppers skin side up on the same rack and leave under the grill for 4-5 minutes. Then, turn peppers and cook for a further 3-4 minutes until charred.
- Put your Warburtons thins into the toaster. Once toasted, spread with butter and add some rocket.
- Remove contents from the grill and stack your square and peppers on top of the rocket.
- Put a dollop of mustard on top of the peppers and then the other half of the Warburtons thin.
|Nutritional Information||Per 97% Pork Sandwich|
|Of Which Saturates||16g|
|Of Which Sugars||5.4g|