Prep time: 10mins Cooking time: 30mins Serves: 6
This is one Heck! of a Hash. It's so easy to make & always a hit with the whole family! Serve as a tapas dish or as a side with dinner.
- 1 pack Heck! 97% Chorizo Style Pork Sausages
- 1kg Baby New Potatoes
- Sunflower Oil
- 1 White Onion (Diced)
- 2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Red Pepper
- Salt & black Pepper
- 1 Bunch Flat Leaf Parsley (chopped)
- 1 Pack Sun dried Tomatoes
- Pre heat the oven to 200°c fan
- Cut the potatoes into chunks, we recommend into 4
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and then add in the tablespoon of salt.
- Add the chunks of potato and bring the water back to a simmer. Simmer the potatoes for 10 minute or until just cooked through.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, drain them using a colander. Set the potatoes to one side and let them dry out a little.
- Chop the red pepper into strips, place the red pepper onto a baking tray with a drizzle of oil, black pepper and the smoked paprika. Roast the red pepper in the oven for 25mins.
- Whilst the red pepper is cooking, place a frying pan on the hob with a drizzle of oil on a medium heat. Add the Chorizo style sausages to the pan, cook for 12-14minutes and until cooked all the way through.
- As the sausages are cooking, peel and chop the onion and garlic.
- Once the sausages are cooked, remove them from the pan and place them onto a chopping board. Using a sharp knife and fork, cut down the centre of the sausages and then cut the sausages again into four pieces. Do this until all the sausages have been chopped.
- Put the chopped-up sausages back into the pan and throw in the onion and garlic. Cook the onion and garlic until golden. You want them to absorb the oil from the chorizo sausages.
- Add the Smoked paprika
- Use Tongs or a slotted spoon to remove the sausages, onion and garlic from the pan and place into a bowl, don’t remove the oil.
- Toss the drained potatoes into the pan with a good glug of oil and a sprinkle of smoked paprika, you want to make sure that all the potatoes are well coated in the oil.
- Cook the potatoes in the pan on a medium/high heat for 7-8 minutes until crispy and golden.
- By this point the red pepper should be cooked, remove the red pepper from the oven and add it to the sausages, onion and garlic.
- Add the chorizo sausages, onion, garlic and red peppers to the potatoes.
- Cook for a further minute until everything has come together.
Serve with a sprinkling of chopped parsley and Sun-dried tomatoes
|Nutritional Information||Per 100g||Per Portion|
|Of Which Saturates||1.7g||4.5g|
|Of Which Sugars||1.9g||5.0g|