Prep time: 15 mins Cook time: 30mins Serves: 6
This simple Paella recipe uses a mix of our pork and chicken sausages, prawns and colourful veg. This recipe is sure to impress friends and family with this flavourful creation.
- 1 Pack Heck! 97% Chorizo Style Pork Sausages
- 1 Pack Heck! Simply Chicken Chipolatas
- 1 Pack Ready Cooked King Prawns
- 300g Paella Rice
- 1 Onion (Diced)
- 3 Cloves of Garlic (minced)
- 1 Red Pepper (Diced)
- 2 Medium Tomatoes (Roughly Chopped)
- 100g Frozen Peas
- 2 litres hot chicken stock
- Pinch of saffron
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ to 1 teaspoon dried chilli (To Taste)
- 3 teaspoons smoked paprika
- Salt & pepper
- 2 lemons (Cut into Quarters)
- 2 tbsp Chopped Flat Leaf Parsley
- Add the saffron to the hot chicken stock, stir thoroughly and set aside.
- Place the olive oil in a frying pan, add the Chorizo Sausages, cook them for 12- 14 minutes, after 2 minutes add the Simply chicken sausages to the same pan. Cook the chicken sausages for 10 – 12 minutes.
- Once the sausages are cooked, remove them from the pan onto a plate and set to one side. Leave the oil in the pan.
- Add the onion to the pan and cover with a lid, cook over a gentle heat for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Whilst the onion is cooking chop up both sausages into 1inch pieces.
- Remove the lid and add the all the sausages to the pan, fry over a medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
- Turn down the heat and add the garlic, chilli and paprika. Cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the chopped red pepper, tomatoes, paella rice and chicken stock, plus some salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, then turn down and simmer for 15 minutes, with the lid off.
- Add the frozen peas and prawns, cook for a further 5 minutes. By this time all the stock should have all been absorbed.
- Finally stir in the juice from 2 of the lemon quarters and the chopped parsley.
Serve scattered with more parsley, the remaining lemon quarters and a crusty warm Ciabatta.
|Nutritional Information||Per 100g||Per Portion|
|Of Which Saturates||1.1g||5.4g|
|Of Which Sugars||1.3g||6.1g|