Prep time: 15mins - Cook Time: 1hr15mins - Serves: 6
Stir up a comfortingly rustic French bean stew for a hearty supper. Made with our Chorizo style sausages. Great for a cosy night in.
- 1 pack Heck! 97% Chorizo style pork sausages
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion (finely chopped)
- 2 Celery Sticks (finely chopped)
- 2 Carrots (peeled and Finely chopped)
- 3 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 3 tbsp tomato purée
- 600ml chicken stock
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 4 Bay Leaves
- 2 Rosemary Sprigs
- 2 Sprigs Thyme
- 400g Tin Cannellini Beans (Drained and Rinsed)
- 400g Tin Butter beans (Drained and Rinsed)
For the Topping
- 2tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Butter (melted)
- 3 Cloves Garlic (crushed)
- 1 lemon zested plus 2 tsp juice
- 100g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp flat-leaf parsley (chopped)
- Pre heat the oven to 180°c fan
- Put the sausages and olive oil into a casserole dish over a medium heat. Cook the sausages for 12 – 14 minutes, turning occasionally, until golden. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the onion, celery and carrots to the pan (no need to add more oil as the chorizo sausages will release plenty), turn down the heat and cook 10-15 minutes or until softened. Stir in the garlic and paprika for a minute, followed by the tomato purée, stock, chopped tomatoes, herbs and seasoning. Bring to a boil and cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir the beans and sausages into the pan. Transfer to the middle shelf in the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes or until the liquid is reduced to a thick sauce coating everything.
- Meanwhile, for the topping, mix together the oil, butter, garlic, lemon zest and juice. Mix the breadcrumbs and parsley in a large bowl, then drizzle over the garlicky oil and stir thoroughly with some seasoning to evenly coat all the crumbs. Sprinkle the crumbs over the casserole, pat down to a flat crust then bake for another 15-20 minutes or until dark golden and crisp.
|Nutritional Information||Per 100g||Per Portion|
|Of Which Saturates||1.6g||6.5g|
|Of Which Sugars||2.3g||9.3g|