● 450g pasta
● 1 tablespoon olive oil
● 1 onion, diced
● 3 garlic cloves, minced
● 1 red bell pepper, diced
● 1 jalapeño pepper, diced
● 1 package of HECK Meat-Free Chipolatas, crumbled
● 1 tin chopped tomatoes (400g)
● 1 tablespoon chilli powder
● 1 tablespoon ground cumin
● 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
● Salt and pepper, to taste
● 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
● Lime wedges, for serving
For Nacho Cheese:
● 120g raw cashews, soaked overnight
● 60g nutritional yeast
● 1/2 tsp garlic powder
● 1/2 tsp onion powder
● 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
● 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
● 1/2 tsp salt
● 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
● 60ml of water
1. Cook up some tasty pasta following the directions on the package. Make sure you save 240ml of that pasta water.
2. In a big skillet, heat up some olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, red bell pepper, and jalapeño pepper and sauté for about 5 minutes or until they’re nice and soft.
3. Throw in some crumbled HECK Meat-Free Chipolatas and cook them until browned, which should take about 5 minutes.
4. Add some tomatoes and spices, and cook until it's heated through, which should take about 5-7 minutes.
5. Mix the pasta with the sausage mixture. If it's too dry, just add some of the reserved pasta water.
6. To make the nacho cheese, drain and rinse the soaked cashews. Blend the cashews with nutritional yeast, garlic powder, onion powder, turmeric powder, smoked paprika, salt, cayenne pepper, and water until it's smooth.
7. Add the nacho cheese to the pasta and sausage mixture, and mix it up until it's all well combined.
8. Finish it off with some chopped coriander and lime wedges, and it's ready to serve!