Prep time: 10mins - Cook Time: 35mins- Serves: 2
Comforting, delicious, this is one of those quick and easy dinner recipes that the whole family can enjoy, fussy kids included. Use our Spring Chicken Chipolatas, full of flavour, minimal ingredients.
- 4 x HECK Spring Chicken Chipolatas
- Fry light oil
- 400g of chicken stock
- 250g of risotto rice
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 150ml of white wine
- 30g of frozen peas
- 50g of Parmesan cheese. Grated
- Handful of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Pre heat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C
- Spray some oil into a shallow saucepan. Heat, then add the sausages and brown off evenly over a medium heat, turning regularly
- Remove the sausages from the pan after about 10 minutes. Now that they are browned off place onto a roasting tray and place in the oven for a further 10 minutes to ensure they are fully cooked through.
- Prepare your stock by boiling the kettle if you’re using a cube of sachet. You could use fresh stock if you prefer, but make sure to heat it up.
- Return the sausage pan to the hob and add some more oil followed by your onion. Fry off gently until they start to show a bit of colour. To add some sweetness to the dish, cook until caramelised.
- Add the herbs in with the onions followed by the rice, then season with salt & peeper. Cook for about a minute before pouring in the wine.
- Slowly bring this to the boil and continue to stir until the liquid has reduced by half.
- It might be time to remove your sausages from the oven now.
- Give the stock a stir then begin to add to the rice one ladle at a time. Ensure the liquid absorbs before adding the next ladleful. Continue this process for approx. 15-20 minutes until you have used all the stock. The rice will begin to look swollen, but you want it to turn out al dente so try not to overcook.
- Add the peas straight from the freezer then mix so they are evening distributed.
- Thinly slice the sausages and add to the rice mix. Stir in the Parmesan & a little butter if you wish.
- Continue to cook until you’re happy with the consistency of the risotto.
- Pick out the sprigs of herbs and serve up.
- Top with some extra Parmesan & some fresh parsley.
Tip! this recipe works well with any of our chicken varieties!