Prep time: 10 mins - Cook Time: 50 mins - Serves: 4
- 1 pack HECK! Chicken Italia Sausages
- 2 large courgettes (500g in total), cut into ½cm dice
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 125g arborio risotto rice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 600ml reduced-salt hot chicken or vegetable stock
- grated nutmeg
- 1tsp Dijon mustard
- 325g frozen petit pois, thawed
- Handful basil leaves, chopped, plus a few leaves to garnish
- 30g parmesan leaves
- Spray oil
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil. Add the courgettes and cook over a medium-high heat for 5 mins until reduced in size by about a third. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Spray the pan with a little more oil. Add the onion and cook over a medium heat for 5 mins until soft.
- Stir in the rice and garlic, cook for 1 min. Add a splash of stock, nutmeg, mustard and season with freshly ground black pepper. Keep stirring until the stock has been absorbed.
- Continue to add the stock, a splash at a time until it has all been absorbed, stirring continuously throughout. This should take about 15 - 20 mins.
- Meanwhile, spray another large non-stick frying pan with oil. Squeeze out small blobs of the sausage meat into the pan and cook over a medium-high heat for 3-4 mins, turning once, until cooked through and deep golden.
- Stir the petit pois, cooked courgettes, cooked chicken sausages and basil into the risotto, adding a splash of boiling water if it’s too thick. Cook for 2 mins until piping hot.
- Serve immediately, scattered with the Parmesan.