Prep Time: 20mins - Cook Time: 15-20mins- Makes 14
The perfect festive mix of leeks, cranberry and chicken in these easy to make sausage rolls.
250g Simply Chicken Mince
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 medium Leek, finely sliced
320g pack Ready Rolled Puff Pastry
Flour, for dusting and rolling
6 tbsp Cranberry Sauce
1 Egg, beaten, to glaze
1 tsp Nigella Seeds
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C.
- Heat the oil in a pan and the sliced leek and cook until softened. Set aside to cool then mix into the chicken mince and set aside.
- Unroll the pastry onto a lightly floured surface and cut in half lengthways to form 2 equal pieces.
- Spread the cranberry sauce onto each pastry rectangle and spread to within an inch of the long sides and to the edges of the short sides.
- Divide the sausage mixture in two and then spoon the mixture into the centre of each pastry, forming a long sausage. Lightly brush one long side of the pastry with a little water. Fold the pastry over the sausage meat, long side to long side, tucking under, so that the join is on the bottom.
- Cut the lengths of sausage roll into 2 inch pieces. Space them apart on a baking sheet. Lightly brush with the beaten egg, scatter with the nigella seeds and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and cooked through.
- Serve warm or cold.
|Nutritional Information||Per 100g||Per Sausage Roll|
|of which Saturates||6.3g||3.3g|
|of which Sugars||5.8g||3.1g|