Prep Time: 10mins - Cook Time: 55mins - Serves: 4
Enjoy a taste of Spain without having to leave your kitchen. Enjoy these Chicken Italia Filo parcels, great for a starter or make them a little smaller for Canapés.
- 2 Packs Heck! Chicken Italia Burgers
- 150g of greek yoghurt
- Half a cucumber
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp of lemon juice
- 1 tbsp of melted butter
- 1 Pack Ready rolled filo pastry
- 50g of crispy lettuce
- Sweet Chilli Sauce (For Dipping)
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and set to one side.
- Split the burgers into 4 pieces and then mould them into balls with your hands. This mix should make 16 Filo Parcels
- Par-cook half the balls for about 10 minutes in a pan on the hob, then remove from the pan.
- You will want to cook the remaining balls for a further 10 minutes until golden brown nearer to the time of serving. So, remove from the heat for now.
- Melt some butter in a pan or in the microwave.
- Lay the sheet of filo pastry on a chopping board.
- Brush the whole sheet of pastry lightly with the melted butter.
- Slice the filo sheets into 16 squares with a knife.
- To get a nice flakey crunchy outside, layer up a couple of the squares, one on top on the other each layer going a different direction.
- Put a par-cooked meatball in the middle of each piece of pastry.
- Fold the pastry around the meatball and pinch at the top.
- Brush with a little more butter or oil and place onto baking tray.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
- Put the rest of the meatballs back on the hob and cook off until golden brown. Try and time it so that the parcels and the meatballs are ready at the same time.
- If you want to make your own tzatziki dip, slice your cucumber into small chunks.
- Add the yoghurt, olive oil, lemon juice and salt to the cucumber and give it a good stir. Let the mix sit for 5 minutes. Taste and add more lemon juice or salt if needed. You could always add some fresh herbs too. We suggest mint!
- Transfer into a serving dish/ramakin.
- Present the filo parcels, meatballs, tzatziki dip on a board or a plate with some salad & sweet chilli sauce. Serve immediately.
|Nutritional Information||Per 4 Filo Parcels|
|Of Which Saturates||6.2g|
|Of Which Sugars||4.4g|