Want to perfect the mighty Scotch egg? Try this knockout recipe using our Chicken Italia Mince. Your summer picnic: sorted!
- 1/2 pack Heck! Chicken Italia Mince
- 3 eggs
- 200g of breadcrumbs
- 150g of plain flour
- First, boil a pan of water, once it’s boiling gently lower in 2 of the eggs and boil for around 3-4 minutes.
- Once the eggs have boiled transfer them into a bowl of cold water and allow them to cool before peeling them.
- Whilst the eggs are cooling, remove the mince from the pack.
- Start by flouring your hands and the work surface to stop the chicken mince sticking. Take about 1/4 of the mince, roll it into a ball and then flatten out until it’s about 1cm thick.
- Roll each egg in the bowl of flour and gently wrap the mince around to make sure the egg is completely covered.
- Now its time to coat the mince in breadcrumbs. Get three bowls ready, one for the flour, one for the beaten egg and one for breadcrumbs.
- Dip each mince wrapped egg in the flour first, then the egg and finally the breadcrumbs. If there are still gaps in the crumb, dip it in the egg and breadcrumbs again until fully covered.
- The best way to cook your scotch eggs is in a deep fat fryer so that they keep their shape and cook all the way through but if you don’t have one of these you can also pan fry them lightly and then pop them in the oven to cook all the way through for around 30 minutes.
|Nutritional Information||Per Scotch Egg|
|Of Which Saturates||4.2g|
|Of Which Sugars||6.1g|