Prep Time: 30mins Cook Time: 15mins- Serves: 4
Move over sausage rolls, we’re taking these Chicken Italia Pastries on our next picnic. Great as a snack or as a meal, serve with homemade chips and salad.
- 1 Pack (500g) Heck! Chicken Italia Mince
- 20g of Sundried tomatoes
- 50g of mozzarella
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 sweet potatoes, skin on and roughly chopped into 2cm chunks
- 1 egg
- 1 pack of pre -made or gluten-free pastry
- 200g Vine Tomatoes
- 20g Parmesan Cheese
- Pre - heat your oven to 200C and boil the sweet potato in a pan of water on the hob for about 20 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, round the mince into balls with your hands. Then put a drop of oil into a frying pan, add the chicken balls and cook off, turning to get an even browning.
- Add your chopped red pepper to the pan and continue to cook until soft
- Once cooked, put into a mixing bowl and add the chunks of mozzarella and chopped sun dried tomatoes.
- Drain your sweet potato and add to the mixture. Give everything a good stir & season with salt and pepper.
- We used ready rolled pastry, but if you want to make if from scratch you’ll need to whiz some butter, flour and a pinch of salt in the food processor, adding a little water until the dough is no longer crumbly. Set your dough in the fridge for approx. 25 minutes. Alternatively, you can also buy gluten free pre-rolled pastry.
- Roll out the pastry onto a lightly floured surface and use a plate or bowl to draw round with a knife. You will need to decide how big you want to make your pastries. Remember, you will be halving them over, so don’t be shy.
- Add your filling to one side of the circular pastry, leaving some space at the edge.
- Beat your egg in a little bowl until yolk is mixed with white, then brush the edge of the pastry with your egg wash and fold the other half of the circle over. Crimp the edge with either a folk of your fingertips so the filling is sealed and finally brush the top of the pastry with your egg wash.
- Put onto a tray and bake in the oven for approx.15 minutes until golden. Serve with lettuce, parmesan cheese, vine tomatoes and a dipping sauce of your choice. Add home chips for the perfect meal.
If you’re making them for another time, leave to cool then put in an air tight container in the fridge. You could re-heat them in the microwave.
|Nutritional Information||Per 100g||Per Portion|
|Of Which Saturates||5.4g||20g|
|Of Which Sugars||2.1g||11g|