Prep Time: 10mins - Cook Time: 35mins - Serves: 2
This is one of those quick, comforting, homemade suppers. Get everyone to help rolling meatballs and you'll soon have one Heck! of a supper on the table
- 1 Pack Heck! Chicken Italia Burgers
- 150g Spaghetti
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped or crushed
- 6 basil leaves
- 1/2 an onion, diced
- Split each burger into quarters and roll into small balls in your hands. If they are really sticky you may want to put a little flour on your hands.
- Fry the meatballs off gently in a pan with a little oil until they are lightly browned. It’s best to do this over a medium heat to make sure you cook right to the middle without burning the outside. This should take about 10-12 mins.
- In another pan, add a drop of oil and your chopped onion. Cover with a lid, place on a low heat and fry for about 4 minutes until softened.
- Pour a kettle full of boiling water into a small pan and add the pasta. Boil for 12 mins until al dente.
- Remove lid from the onion pan and add in the chopped tomatoes, garlic, and red pepper.
- Bring to the boil then reduce to a medium heat. Gently simmer for 15-20 mins then add in the cooked meatballs.
- Drain the water from pasta using a colander.
- Plate up half the pasta and put the other half in a lunch box. If you don't have any left in the cupboard, use rice instead.
- Spoon over the meatballs and sauce. Finish by adding some fresh or dried basil.
|Nutritional Information||Per 100g||
(4 Meatballs Per Person)
|Of Which Saturates||0.4g||1.6g|
|Of Which Sugars||3.3g||14g|