Prep time: 5 mins - Cook time: 35 mins - Serves: 4
This classic family dish is loved by all, oozing with cheese! This recipe is a slightly healthier version with an added source of protein. It's comforting and delicious.
500g Chicken Italia Mince
250g Macaroni Pasta
160g Cheddar Cheese
3 tbsp Plain Flour
1 tbsp Olive Oil
3 tbsp Butter
50g Panko Breadcrumbs
1 tsp Garlic Salt
Salt and Pepper
A handful of fresh chives
- Cook the macaroni (as per the instructions on the packet) until al dente and then drain.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over a medium heat.
- Add the chicken mince and use a spatula to break it up. Cook the chicken through completely with no pink showing. Set aside.
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat and add the butter.
- Once the butter has melted add the flour 1 tbsp at a time, using a whisk to mix between each addition.
- Slowly add the milk and then the garlic salt, salt and pepper. Increase to high heat and continue to stir until the mixture thickens. This will take around 5-10 minutes.
- Once the mixture has thickened reduce to medium-low heat, add the cheese, stir until it has dissolved.
- Add the chicken and pasta to the saucepan and mix everything well.
- Place the mixture into an oven-safe dish and sprinkle the panko crumbs over the top. Cook for 15 minutes at 180°C.
- Serve while hot with a sprinkle of fresh chives and parmesan cheese.
|Nutritional Information||Per 100g||Per Portion|
|of which Saturates||4.1g||13g|
|of which Sugars||2.0g||6.7g|