Prep time: 10mins - Cook Time: 30 mins - Serves: 4-6
A wonderfully light summertime lunch or dinner dish to enjoy in the garden. Go on, get the barbie going!
- 2 packs of HECK! Chicken Italia Chipolatas
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced or diced
- 1 yellow pepper, thinly sliced or diced
- 210g cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- 175 white quinoa
- 175g bulgar wheat
- 450g of water
- 2 handfuls basil, finely chopped
- 2 handfuls sparsely, finely chopped
- 55ml olive oil
- Sea salt
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Zest of ½ lemon
- 100g pomegranate seeds
- 220g natural yoghurt
- 30g Harissa paste
- Juice 1 small lemon
- Sea salt
Tip to make gluten free! Cut out the bulgar wheat and double up on the quantity of white quinoa to make this recipe gluten-free. Or use 175g each of white and red quinoa.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°c / 160°c fan / gas mark 5.
- Rinse the quinoa under cool water in a fine strainer until the water runs clear.
- Put the water into a measuring jug & heat in the microwave for 1 minute until warm
- To make the tabbouleh, place the quinoa, bulgur wheat, half of the olive oil, garlic and water into a deep baking tray and tightly cover with tin foil. Bake for 25-30min.
- Toss the chopped peppers together in a little olive oil, put onto a shallow baking tray and roast in the oven alongside the quinoa for 15 min.
- When the quinoa and peppers are cooked place them to one side and remove tin foil. Be really careful as this will be hot! Allow them to rest for 5 minutes.
- Now mix the yoghurt with the lemon juice and harissa. Season to taste.
- Split the Chipolatas into 3's, then roll into balls then carefully skewer the meatballs ready for the BBQ. Allow 3-4 meatballs per skewer/person. Cook over hot coals for 10-12 mins, turning frequently (cooking times will vary depending on your BBQ heat – always make sure the meat is cooked through and juices run clear before serving).
- Whilst the meatballs are cooking, carry on preparing your tabbouleh. Mix the peppers with the cooked quinoa and bulgar wheat, then add the chopped herbs, tomatoes, lemon juice, zest and olive oil. Season to taste.
- Pile the tabbouleh on a big plate and place the kebabs on top. Drizzle with dressing and finally sprinkle over the pomegranate seeds and little more chopped parsley or basil.