Preparation time: 45 minutes allowing 30 minutes standing time
Cooking time: 35 – 40 minutes - Serves 4
1 pack Heck Chicken Italia Sausages
25g – 50g spreadable butter
10 slices Brioche loaf
2 tbsp tomato ketchup
Chopped basil leaves
3 large eggs
2 tsp Dijon mustard
Sea salt and cracked black pepper.
Oven temperature 180°C/Fan 160˚C/Gas 4
- Fry the Heck Italia sausages in 1 tsp sunflower oil over a medium heat for 5 – 6 minutes.
- Use a small amount of the butter to grease a baking dish 20cm x 25cm. Spread the remaining butter over one side of the slices of bread.
- Spread 4 of the slices for the base with tomato ketchup and lay in the bottom of the dish.
- Use 5 of the sausages cut into slices lengthwise to lay onto the bread and sprinkle with the chopped basil.
- Cut the remaining bread into 3 diagonal ‘roughly shaped’ triangles arrange over the top of the sausages.
- Cut the remaining sausages in half lengthwise and lay on top of the bread.
- Beat the eggs in a large jug, and then add the milk, Dijon mustard and seasoning.
- Pour the egg and milk mixture all over the bread and let it soak in for a few minutes. Cover and allow standing time of 30 minutes.
- Place in a preheated oven and bake for 35 – 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for a few minutes and serve sprinkled with small basil leaves and Serve with Crème Fraiche or natural yogurt.
Cooks Tip: Instead of using tomato ketchup, the base bread slices could be spread with tomato or basil pesto and diced sundried tomatoes sprinkled over the base sausages.
|per 100g||per serving|
|of which Saturates||2.6g||7.7g|
|of which Sugars||3.3g||9.8g|