Prep Time: 20mins Cook Time: 30mins- Serves: 4
This wholesome pie is perfect weekend fodder. With the Flavour of our Chorizo Style Pork Sausages and Simply chicken Chipolatas with a smooth creamy sauce. What is there not to like?
- 1 pack Heck! Simply Chicken sausages
- ½ pack Heck! 97% Chorizo Style sausages
- 250g sliced leeks
- 40g butter
- 40g plain flour
- 400ml warm chicken stock
- 100ml double cream
- Shortcrust pastry
- Cook the leeks over a medium heat with a dash of olive or sunflower oil until they have softened.
- Add the butter and melt completely. Mix in the flour and cook for a couple of minutes stirring constantly.
- Gradually pour in the chicken stock and stir as the sauce thickens. Finally, add the double cream and remove the sauce from the heat.
- As the leeks are cooking, fry the sausages together until they’ve browned on the outside. Now slice each of the chorizo sausages into 4 and pop into a shallow oven proof dish along with the chicken sausages. Pour over the leek sauce.
- Roll out the shortcrust pastry and place over the pie filling.
- You can have some fun with the spare bits of pastry and write a name or fashion a design, but otherwise just brush the top with a dash of milk and pop into a preheated oven at 180°C to cook for 25-30 minutes.
|Nutritional Information||Per 100g||
Per 421g Portion
(2 Simply Chicken Sausages =58g)
(2 Chorizo Style Sausages = 117g)
|Of Which Saturates||5.4g||32g|
|Of Which Sugars||1.2g||5.0g|